Schaftlein Report | Inflation Remains High…As Do Balloons?
Guest – Joe Visconti
1) Consumer Price Index increases 6.4% year over year while core CPI is up 5.6%
Both of these figures are still too high and indicate higher interest rates for longer.
Very slow progress bringing down inflation as food, housing and energy prices remain high.
Interest rates spike. Markets fall.
2) Balloon fallout as White House provides little to no information.
Intelligence community caught flat footed? 1 Balloon and 3 objects?
One missile strike failed. Questions remain why administration allowed the balloon to travel across the U.S.?
Electronic sensors recovered
3) 3 killed and 5 in critical condition at Michigan State. The shooter, a 43 year old black man not affiliated with the university or the students
kills himself. No motive at this time?
4) Haley officially announces her candidacy for President. More to follow? Who can beat Trump?
Reuters/Ipsos Poll Trump at 43%, DeSantis at 31% Haley at 4%
4a) America does not want a Biden-Trump redo.
5) U.S. advises American citizens to leave Russia.
6) Ukraine inflicting huge casualties on Russians as conflict appears to escalate. More Russian troops to the front?
Potential Russian advance after months of stalemate?