Schaftlein Report | Guns and Politics Meet Again
1) Following mass shootings, Biden want to ban semi – automatic weapons.
The Senate says “No”
1A) In a typical holiday weekend, 28 shot and 5 fatally in Chicago.
2) Warnock out raising Walker 3-1 in GA run off. Holds small lead as voting starts. Who will turn out?
3) DeKalb county, GA homeowner kills one and wounds three as criminals tried to rob the owner. No charges filed. GOOD
4) Trump 2024 – Republicans yawn as it generates little excitement and plenty of potential challengers line up
4A) Ca Gov. Newsome says he has ruled out 2024 run. (We’ll see?)
4B) Final House numbers 222-213 Republican. McCarthy still projected to be Speaker despite far right grumblings and current no votes
5) Biden approval at 42-56 post election.
5A) Biden to allow Chevron to drill oil off Venezuela cost to bring to America. Huh/ What about U.S. drilling?
6) Diesel prices are up 50% this year on tight supplies. This effects ships, trucks, trains and tractors leading to higher inflation and rising prices.
Democrats are to blame.
7) The global warming effect – We have a 56 year high on snow covered ground in North America and a forecast of a cold winter.
8) BlockFi files for bankruptcy s fallout continues from FTX Ponzi scheme
9) Federal Reserve Governor Williams says further tightening needed to cool inflation. Recession fears and China protests cause stocks to fall
10) College Football poll and play-off projection:
– Ohio State